Skip to main content

Five biblical ways to do when you are angry




When people mistreat, abuse, belittle, ignore, lie, oppress and insult us we become angry and sometimes when we are jealous we are angry too. There are also times that we get angry when others reject and ignore a good biblical advice from us. Those are just some reasons that trigger us to be angry.

Being angry is normal but the Bible says that we can be angry but shall not sin as reflected in this verse in Ephesians 4:26-27 AMPC, “When angry do not sin; do not let your wrath (your exasperation, your fury or indignation) last until the sun goes down. Leave no (such) room or foothold for the devil (give no opportunity to him).”

So, what are the five biblical ways that we should do when we are angry so that we will not sin? Here they are:

1. Calm down and control your anger.
Ecclesiastes 7:9 says, “Control your temper for anger labels you a fool.” Don’t swear at the other person’s face or go directly to him/her and yell, slap his/her face, or worst, punch, stab or shoot him. No, you shouldn't do that. You should control your temper. You should pause, pray silently and ask the LORD JESUS to help you control your anger at that very moment when you are about to explode. 

2. Ignore your anger and walk away.
Ephesians 4:31 says, “Let all bitterness, and wrath, and anger, and clamor and evil speaking be put away from you, with all malice.” It means we should ignore and reject all anger and wrath from inside us. We should forget about it and walk away as if nothing happens to save ourselves from more trouble and to maintain our peace. Romans 12:18 reminds us to be at peace with everyone. We should not nourish anger inside our hearts. When I am angry I tell myself, “Jen, don’t be angry about things that don’t matter focus on JESUS and your relationship with Him.” So, when you are angry, try telling that to yourself too.

3. Humble down, do not retaliate or get even.
Remember how JESUS, responded to His perpetrators? He didn’t say a word. He just bore His suffering and endured it until His death. We should follow what JESUS did too. This verse in Romans 12:19 clearly give us the idea of what to do when we are angry. It says, “Do not take revenge, my dear friends, but leave room for God's wrath, for it is written: "It is mine to avenge; I will repay," says the Lord.”

4. Forgive.

Are you familiar with this verse in Luke 6:27 which say love your enemies? Then I tell you, one way of loving them is to forgive them. We are all sinners but JESUS chose to forgive us by dying on the cross; so we should forgive when we are hurt and angry. Ponder on this verse in Ephesians 4:32 which say, “And be ye kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as GOD for CHRIST’s sake hath forgiven you.”


5. Pray.

Forgiving is hard so we need to pray that the LORD JESUS will help us forgive our enemies. We should ask JESUS to remove our anger. We should as well pray that they will see GOD's light and repent. We should pray that they will also be saved and share heaven with us because hell is never-ending torture that no one can bear even our enemies. 


All in all, to overcome anger, we need to calm down and control our anger; ignore our anger and walk away; humble down and not retaliate; forgive, and pray. God bless you, my dear reader. I hope you have a clear idea now of what to do when you are angry and how to overcome anger. I love you with the love of the LORD. Amen.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What GOD likes and dislikes

While I was listening to the song "You are Holy (Prince of Peace)" by Michael W. Smith last month, I came across with the lyrics that says "You're the great I am". Upon hearing it, I forgot that the LORD is the Great "I AM" (Exodus 3:14) and I started doubting. But the LORD reminded me that it's Him and that I should not doubt Him because He dislikes a doubtful servant. So, to help you increase your knowledge of Him and know how to love Him, let me tell you the things that He likes and dislikes. Listed below are the things He likes and dislikes. 8 Things GOD likes 1. He likes us. It is said in John 3:16 that GOD loves the world. It means He loves or like us because we are His creations. He gave us His own breath for us to live. 2. He likes a cheerful giver. It is written in second 2 Corinthians 9:7 that GOD loves a cheerful giver. Therefore we should freely give and share whatever we have to our brothers and sisters that are ...

How did JESUS become man

Hi there my dear reader! I am back. How are you? I hope all is well with you. As an effort resulting from my deep appreciation for JESUS, I'd like to share this article with you about His birth in Bethlehem 2,000 years ago. Please read on. In the Book of Isaiah 9:6, it was predicted that GOD will be born of a virgin to save the world from sin in the name of Immanuel or JESUS. Matthew 1:23-25 say this, "Look! The virgin will conceive a child! She will give birth to a son,and they will call him Immanuel, which means `God is with us.'" When Joseph woke up, he did as the angel of the Lord commanded and took Mary as his wife. But he did not have sexual relations with her until her son was born. And Joseph named JESUS." After 42 generations from Abraham to David and to Joseph (the husband of Mary), JESUS, the Messiah, our LORD was born in the person of Immanuel. His earthly mother named Mary was informed by angel Gabriel that she will give birth to a son named JESUS wh...

10 reasons why we should trust in JESUS

If you are still confused about your faith and still in doubt of JESUS and His great love for us or still want to know JESUS more, you should pray that He will establish and strengthen your faith because He is the author and finisher of our faith (Hebrews 12:2). Then, read and memorize these reasons I have listed below by heart. Here are the ten reasons why we should trust in JESUS: 1. He is real and He lives.   Hebrews 11:6 says that JESUS exists and He is real. Also, in Revelation 1:17 -18, He told His disciple John that He lives and He is the Living GOD. So, we should believe that all He said are true, because once we do; we will experience His lavish love for us like VIPs. Not just that, we will also have eternal life and live with Him eternally in heaven. If you believe that He is real, please pray this simple prayer sincerely: LORD JESUS, I believe that You exists and You are real. I believe that You are the One True Living GOD. Thank You for Your great lo...